Repository Access Failure Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Repository Access Failure Error

Post by shiva459 »

I logged onto DataStage this morning and ran into a strange problem. When I click on the 'Jobs' folder, I get repository access failure error. I am able to see all the jobs in director and even able to run them without any issue.

I tried DS.REINDEX ALL hoping to fix the issue but in vain. I tried SyncProject and it shows the below error. Can someone please guide me how to recover my jobs/project?

DataStage Project: dstage1
--------------------------

An unexpected error occurred retrieving the project status for project 'dstage1'
Error when executing query:
* SQLException during execution of sql-statement:
* sql statement was 'SELECT A0.name_xmeta, A0.Category_xmeta FROM DataStageX_xme
tagen_DSJobDefc2e76d84 A0 WHERE A0.DSNameSpace_xmeta = ?'
* Exception message is [DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-901, SQLSTATE=58004, SQLERRMC=Le
ngth in PD=45896, LFD length=39976, DMS length=39976, DRIVER=3.58.135]
* Vendor error code [-901]
* SQL state code [58004]
* Target class is 'DataStageX.xmetagen.DSJobDef'
* PK of the target object is [_xmeta_repos_object_id]
* 1 values performed in statement:
* [jdbcType=VARCHAR, value=MWL6IBFT-THINK:dstage1]

Overall Summary
---------------

0 Issues Found.
1 Potential Issue Remaining.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-901, SQLSTATE=58004 is a REALLY nasty error code indicating a severe internal DB2 problem. You should contact your service provider immediately. They will probably request you supply the the db2diag.log and all other files in that same directory along with a detailed description of your configuration and the scenario that resulted in this error.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020