Fatal error: syntax error in "leftouterjoin" opera

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suja.somu
Participant

Fatal error: syntax error in "leftouterjoin" opera

Post by suja.somu »

When I run the parallel job , the job aborts with a fatal error

main_program: Syntax error: Error in "leftouterjoin" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Error in binding: Could not find type: "subrec", line 5391

Could not locate where exactly the issue is.

Anyone who know about this or faced this issue can help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please capture and post the score from this job?

Errors from "main program" are usually from inserted operators or operators (usually the modify operator) that have been optimized onto links.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ssnegi
Participant

Post by ssnegi »

If unable to fix, use lookup or merge stage for doing left outer join. :D
suja.somu
Participant

Post by suja.somu »

The sequential files had level number. Sequential files are Mainframe files had level numbers which where imported through Copy book. The level numbers were propagated through out the job. When I removed the level numbers, the error message vanished.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That makes sense if you understand what has to happen when there's a level number higher than 01. There's an intrinsic left outer join with the lowest level columns and the higher level columns.

The moral of the story seems to be not to include level numbers where they're not required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.