How to retrieve the content of a complete project as an XML

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

infodfs
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to retrieve the content of a complete project as an XML

Post by infodfs »

Hi, I'm end user and working on IA client. I'm trying to retrieve the content of a complete project as an XML file, so that I could change the project name in XML file and then importing the project with a different name back to IA. I tried using the URL: http://myserver:9080/InformationAnalyze ... tName=BANK which is introduced by IBM article, but did not work. Is there any one could tell me the steps in details on this process?
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

When you say the entire project, do you mean just the list of shared metadata made visible to the project plus any rule definitions and rules, or literally everything, right down to rule execution and analysis results?

For the former, then IAAdmin will help, but you'll need to run it from the server or a terminal session etc. There are a couple of different calls you'd need to make that would get you the rules, visible metadata, etc. Ch 17(?) of the IA Users Guide will tell you all about IAAdmin.

For the latter, I don't know of a way to do that.
Could you share the link to the article?
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

Take a look at viewtopic.php?p=424566 and let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Robert
infodfs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to retrieve the content of a complete project as an

Post by infodfs »

Thanks all for the helps.
The URL of reference IBM article I went is at: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/ ... tml?ca=dat
Now I understand that I need use IAAdmin to retrieve the project. Should I use istool to run commands? If it is, should I use commands as below? For example:
cd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli/
IAAdmin -user admin -password admin -host [put host name here] -xml -output out.xml -list RuleDefinitions -projectName Project1
Thanks again for helping me on this.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

IAAdmin is a different command line interface than istool. The IAAdmin.sh or IAADMIN.bat is in %InformationServer%/ASBNode/bin, where %InformationServer% is the installation path of your InfoSphere Information Server. For example, the default on Linux is /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/bin.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Robert
infodfs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to retrieve the content of a complete project as an

Post by infodfs »

Thanks! This helps a lot!!