Problems with Reference Match

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kevink
Participant

Problems with Reference Match

Post by kevink »

I am having several problems with QualityStage match designer, and wonder whether I'm doing anything wrong.
  • Whenever I leave the match designer by clicking OK the changes are saved OK, but DataStage Designer immediately stops working. I have to close it and open a new one (after waiting for a period for the lock on any job that I had open in the lost session to be released.

When I do a partial save from configuring the match designer environment (one or more check boxes cleared) all is well. But if I try to update all fields it hangs forever and the session has to be terminated. This is tedious, to say the least.

In the Reference Match stage a small number of columns (sometimes as few as one) that appear on the Input tab are not available on the input side of the Mapping tab on the Output tab. This means that they can't be mapped and therefore that the job cannot be compiled.
Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

For some reason that they have not vouchsafed to me the client does not want to apply any fix packs or (at least not now) upgrade.
Kevin K Tashadow
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If I may address the second of your problems first, a full save can take a substantial amount of time but it does get there (at least in my experience).

For the first of your problems it looks like something you really need to take up with your official support provider (who may advise a fix pack or patch).

For the third one the best I can suggest is that you try re-building the job from scratch, copying nothing from the job that has the problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.