Question on Uninstalling Infosphere 8.7

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Question on Uninstalling Infosphere 8.7

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We were in the process of migrating our 8.0.1 environment to our new 8.7 servers and we just found out that we need to go to version 9.1 to accomodate a Greenplum connector that IBM should be delivering by the end of this year. Going from 8.7 FP2 to 9.1 is not an inplace upgrade so I basically need to uninstall all the 8.7 components. I have all the 8.7 components(sevice tier/engine and repository as well as clients) colocated on a single windows box and was wondering if anyone has any informtaion on uninstalling all the components. To avoid losing all the other work we have done on teh server I am trying to avoid having the server ops group reimage the machines and start with a fresh slate.
Thanks - - John
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I did find the following:

IBM\InformationServer\_uninstall\uninstall.exe

Has anyone used this?
I figured if this gets rid of WAS and Information Server components I can delete the DB2 instance separately.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I had so many warnings and issues that it was faster and less error prone to restore our backup image of the system taken prior to the upgrade. Sorry to have to give you our bad news.
DSUser2000
Participant

Post by DSUser2000 »

Wasn't 9.1 advertised with having an in-place-upgrade from 8.7? Or is that just working when you don't have FP2 installed?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In-place upgrade may not yet be available for version 9.1. The Concierge service will be all over this. Stay tuned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.