Cognos Glossary link to IBM Business Glossary

This forum is the beginning of our inclusion of Cognos users to have their own place to go within our community. It is said the ETL and BI don't intersect, but as IBM integrates their platforms, there are less lines of demarcation between the two.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cognos Glossary link to IBM Business Glossary

Post by deboots »

Is there any way to customize the Cognos lookup to the glossary to limit it to a search for the exact report term? Right now it returns a list of any term that has any word from the report term name. So if I am doing a right-click glossary look up on 'Employee Start Date' - I'll get a long list of every term that contains Employee or Start or Date. Yes, Employee Start Date is in that list - but it should be at the top of the list or *ideally* the term immediately opened. I know about the option to write my own widget with REST API but am looking instead if there is any option to be set on the configuration within Cognos or BG that if an exact match is found - to use that. If not - show the other display of all items with partial matches.

Any ideas?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't seen any way to make changes to the methodology of the search using the "built in" method.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nor am I aware of any, despite pressure from my customers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Cognos Glossary link to IBM Business Glossary

Post by deboots »

I did get a suggestion from IBM that I haven't been able to test yet. Please see my other post in the Metadata Management forum.