Ruleset

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nilanjan
Participant

Ruleset

Post by nilanjan »

Which stage is better to generate country code.MNS or country.set ruleset.I need three byte country code.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If that's all you need, then COUNTRY.SET is more efficient. However, it only generates the two-character ISO country code; you would need to map to the three-character code downstream of the Standardize stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

As Ray said, the Country typeset would be a better place.

Another way to do it Is to make a copy of the set, add a new field in the DCT file, create a lookup table mapping the 2 char codes to the 3 char ones, and do a convert in the PAT file. Then the ruleset can return both codes.
nilanjan
Participant

Post by nilanjan »

The problem i am facing while using Country.set is ,suppose i have a wrong address,the addressline 1 has streetname of US,the city name is hongkong and country is China.It will not be able to determine any country code.As, i m setting the default value as USA,by using ZQUSZQ it retruns the country code US.How can i resolve this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try leaving out the street name; resolve just the city, postal code and state/province/county.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.