Excel Connectivity Issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Excel Connectivity Issues

Post by synsog »

Hi All,

We are on V8.7 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)

We installed the Microsoft Excel and Access Drivers on the Engine Tier (Office 2010) and then created a System DSN for this Excel Driver accordingly.

Then I tried opening an .xls file on the server and it is able to open it so I believe the driver installed correctly. But when I try to use this DSN name in the ODBC Connector stage and test the connection it fails throwing the error message as

"Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager - The Specified DSN contains an Architecture Mismatch between the Driver and the Application"

Is is bcoz we are using the ODBC Connector stage?

Has anyone had a similar issue, appreciate your help in trying to resolve this

Thanks
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Resolved this issue by creating the SYSTEM DSN from this path : C:\Windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
instead of the default
C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe as we are in a 64-bit Windows Env.

Then when I try to import the metadata using the ODBC Table Definition I am able to see the Excel file name but when I select it and hit details or View Data I get this error message

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.COLUMNS)(SQLStatistics("","","Latista_Data$")) : BCI Error :
SQLSTATE=S1090,CODE=84,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Invalid string or buffer length

Has anyone see this error?