peternolan9
Participant

Group memberships:
Inner Circle

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage® Release: 8x
Job Type: Server
Hi All,
this is probably the best place for this post. Anyone who has joined over the last 7 years probably does not know me. I used to be the PSM for Ardent in Australia in the late 90s. I have been an independent consultant wandering around Europe and places further afield for the last 11 years.

I was here a lot 2002 to 2005 since I was doing two major projects that used datastage across those years. Saudi Telecom and Orange Romania. But I have not used DataStage since 2005 so I have not been here.

But.....I come bearing GREAT NEWS for all DataStage clients and consultants alike.

Over the last 10 years, prompted by Ralph, I decided to invent the future of ETL and, indeed, BI development.

This is an ongoing process but we have just had a major release of SeETL. That being 3.1.01. We now have 65 workbooks defined in it.

All those companies who are writing a lot of ETL will cut their ETL development costs by about 50% if they use SeETL in development and then DS in production. When SeETL is only used in development there is no fee for the software. Knock yourselves out we say.

We also have a lot of documentation captured via our workbooks.

So the opportunity for ALL datastage clients is to take a look at SeETL and figure out for yourselves if you want to use it to reduce your costs of development.

My goal is to get SeETL very widely used and for it to continue to undergo development to further reduce the costs of ETL development.

A standardised announcement is below. If you want to link to me here is my linked in.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/peternolan

peternolan9
Participant

Group memberships:
Inner Circle

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

Hi All,
we recently released the GA version of SeETL 3.1.01. This software will help you reduce the development time of ETL by about 50% even if you go into production with a name brand ETL tool.

We have used SeETL (and its predecessors) on many projects over the last 17 years. It has been the “secret sauce” that has let us out compete other consulting firms because we can build the ETL in half the time and effort. I have been able to build ETL systems much faster and much cheaper than anyone else since the very first version of this software I wrote in 1995.

Now that it generates SQL as the ETL system as an option I have decided to make that component freely available for development. If you put the SQL into production rather than migrate the SeETL ETL to a name brand ETL tool then we have a modest license fee for that.

In 3.1.01 we have MASSIVELY extended the data that is captured by the “mapping spreadsheet”. We now have 65 worksheets that capture all sorts of useful information about a BI project. From Business Requirements, to tables, views, indexes, all the way down to documenting every field on every report so as to gain proper data lineage. We now cover the full spectrum of a BI project. As far as I am aware SeETL is the ONLY BI development tool to do so.

The KILLER feature is that from the mapping definition workbook we generate finished SQL as the ETL subsystem. Others are starting to copy our idea of documenting the mappings in a workbook and generating the ETL into their tools. Informatica being the most notable. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

In our new GA release we have included a small section of our own web site data warehouse. We use Dot Net Nuke as our company web site and we host some small web sites as well. So we keep an eye on page hits and downloads via a small data warehouse we built for our own sites. So you have an ETL system to “go to school on” in the GA download.

This is my contribution back to my industry to massively reduce the time and effort to build data warehouses so as to make them more affordable. This will make BI more pervasive. Making BI more pervasive and more affordable to everyone will create greater value for all because it will drive down the cost of doing business.

SeETL 3.1.01 is now a command line application which has made is faster and easier to use than even the three button application it used to be.

So. For all those of you who would like to reduce the time and cost of building data warehouses? Feel free to download our new GA edition and try it out for yourself. I know those who adopt it and use it properly will cut their ETL development time in about half.

If you want some of my time I bill for my time just like you bill for your time. If you want to hire people to build ETL or Data warehouses who are skilled in SeETL then our german reseller (www.key-work.de ) has about 40 staff that can build anything. They are very good at building data warehouses and BI applications. They can deploy the best of the best BI Developers at normal “European rates”.

Thank you for your consideration of our offer. We would like to have lots and lots of people using SeETL so that it improves even further over time and helps us all by driving down the cost of building business intelligence systems.

Best Regards

Peter

Links

Our main web site is here. www.instantbi.com

The video going over the details of the GA package is here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0aDJoD2GJY

The forum entry to all our marketing materials is here.

http://www.instantbi.com/Support/AllForums/tabid/84/forumid/15/threadid/309/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Here is our video channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/InstantBI/featured

Rate this response:  
Not yet rated

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic