DSXchange: DataStage and IBM Websphere Data Integration Forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Add To Favorites
kduke

Premium Poster

since February 2006

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Australia Usergroup, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

I think stage variables should be imported and exported just as if they were columns in a table. It is very tedious to input these. This could save a lot of time.

The same is true for parameters. If I could import and export the parameters into a job as if they were columns in a table then adding all parameters from one job into another job like a sequence would save a lot of time.

I would also like to edit column names like you can in a transform stage on derivations. Stage variables all start with 'sv'. So if you added above features then I could import all the columns from a table then add 'sv' to the front of each column then have a stage variable for each column in a table. We had this at one customer where we had 3 stage variables for every inbound column. You quickly create this by modifying the original inbound table columns and then importing them into stage variables.

Premium Poster
Participant

Group memberships:
Premium Members, Inner Circle, Australia Usergroup, Server to Parallel Transition Group

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

There's always Parameter Sets for the parameters.

Stage variables should be easily do-able. Won't be in 9.1 though, this is only days away from GA.

Not yet rated
kduke

Premium Poster

since February 2006

Group memberships:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

The problem with parameter sets is you have to build them one at a time. A lot of time I need a parameter that will be used in a SQL statement so it needs to be the same type. So if I need a date range then I want to use the table column and then change the name. So I can quickly build it.

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic