Cognos Error Code

This forum is the beginning of our inclusion of Cognos users to have their own place to go within our community. It is said the ETL and BI don't intersect, but as IBM integrates their platforms, there are less lines of demarcation between the two.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cognos Error Code

Post by jerome_rajan »

Hi,

We are trying to import the metadata of cognos reports to the metadata repository of the information server using a bridge. But everytime, we get and error that looks like:

Code: Select all

ERROR MBI_COGNR_E0023: The query to cognos faild. Verify content path syntax and access rights.
We are not entirely sure why this is happening. All the access rights seem to be in place. Also the error code is note available even through a google search. Feels like I am the first one to land into this problem.

Any pointers as to what the problem might be?
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Which release of Cognos and which of Information Server?

Post by deboots »

Hi -
Which release of Cognos are you on?
Which release of Information Server are you on?

I know with 8.7 you can more easily use the Metadata Import Manager instead of the bridge option.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not bypass using a bridge. Metadata Asset Manager just provides a cleaner way to use the bridge.

The error is not a Cognos error. It's a Metabroker Interface (MBI) error code.

Read the message carefully. Either your username/password is incorrect, your dispatcher URL is incorrect (unlikely) or the pathname of the Cognos object you wish to retrieve is incorrect.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.