cognos reporting

This forum is the beginning of our inclusion of Cognos users to have their own place to go within our community. It is said the ETL and BI don't intersect, but as IBM integrates their platforms, there are less lines of demarcation between the two.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vincyTing
Participant

cognos reporting

Post by vincyTing »

I draw a bar chart in using cognos report studio, if i mouse over to the bar, it will show the actual value for the bar but when i convert my report into pdf file, mouse over function cannot be used again hence it is very hard to see the actual value for the particular field (eg. number of customer in A group, number of customer in B group...). Did it has any function or button i can press then all the bar will show their actual value on top of the bar??

thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. PDF does not support this functionality.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vincyTing
Participant

Post by vincyTing »

Can I export the whole cognos model (including the report I already created) out then import into another cognos machine ???

for example, i create the report at my local pc, then i wan move the whole model + package into the client pc, can I export and import the whole model?? if can, how can I do that ??

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's a purely Cognos question. I don't know the answer. I'd imagine it's possible. But not using Information Server components.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.