Writing to .mdb file via datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

knnath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Writing to .mdb file via datastage

Post by knnath »

Hi,

There is a requirement in our project where we have to generate files in .mdb format. Is it possible via datastage? Please suggest ways how this can be done? If there is an external interface or some drivers to be installed.

Please list out the various ways this can be achieved.

Thanks
narendra
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

MDB is the old format for Access database files. I would assume you would either need to obtain ODBC drivers for Access, that or just produce a flat file and import it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. When's the interview?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
knnath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by knnath »

If generating a flat file and importing it to mdb format, do we need some drivers to be installed? If so please let me know the way how to import it.
narendra
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

knnath wrote:If generating a flat file and importing it to mdb format, do we need some drivers to be installed?
No. And technically, I meant "import it into Access".
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Craig meant "import it into Access using Access".
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, that.
-craig

knnath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by knnath »

our conf. mgmt team downloaded the drivers for ms access
but when i try to connect to the odbc stage, i see only sql server info in it.
how do i connect via odbc to the ms access DB.
and what all i need to do on the ms access side to have the connection from datastage odbc(recently loaded the ms asccess on the windows server)

our requirement is , we need to get the data from the oracle dabatase tables and create a .mdb file format file and send it to downstreams.
narendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You still need to configure a System DSN to associated the DSN with the mdb file, since DataStage will use the DSN. You also need to "register" the DSN in a uvodbc.config file.

Note: If you are using a 64-bit Windows operating system, use odbcad32.exe in %Windows%\SysWOW64 folder to configure the DSN.
knnath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by knnath »

that helped, iam able to connect to Access DB. Thank you so much.
narendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark the thread as Resolved using the green button at the top of the screen.
knnath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by knnath »

we were able to connect to ms acces via ODBC

we were able to read from ODBC into a file

but while writing or updating the access table via ODBC, we are getting below error

ODBC_Connector_10,0: ODBC function "SQLSetStmtAttr(SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE)" reported: SQLSTATE = HYC00: Native Error Code = 106: Msg = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented (CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 533)

ODBC_Connector_10,0: ODBC function "SQLSetStmtAttr(SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE)" reported: SQLSTATE = HYC00: Native Error Code = 106: Msg = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented (CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeUpdate, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 808)

do we need to do anything more or download anything more to write/update in to ms-access tables via odbc.
narendra