Disabling of the stages

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Disabling of the stages

Post by nagarjuna »

I have worked in both datastage & abinitio . In my opinion , Abinitio has some powerful features which are missing in datastage .

In abinitio , We have a functionality of disabling & conditional execution of the components ( Stages ) . This feature is helpful while performing some testing & debugging . I am not so sure if the architecture of datastage permits disabling & conditional execution of the stages . I believe it is the compilation that restricts this feature . Any ideas or inputs about the same are truly appreciated
Nag
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

DataStage Server jobs have always had a debugging feature and DataStage Parallel jobs have had debug stages like Sample, Head, Tail, Peek, etc. In DataStage 8.7, a debugging feature was added for parallel jobs too. You can check the 8.7 docs if you're interested in those details. I suppose you could add a DEBUG True/False parameter and route records down another Transformer link based on the parameter value.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius