DSXchange: DataStage and IBM Websphere Data Integration Forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Add To Favorites
nagarjuna

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

I have worked in both datastage & abinitio . In my opinion , Abinitio has some powerful features which are missing in datastage .

In abinitio , We have a functionality of disabling & conditional execution of the components ( Stages ) . This feature is helpful while performing some testing & debugging . I am not so sure if the architecture of datastage permits disabling & conditional execution of the stages . I believe it is the compilation that restricts this feature . Any ideas or inputs about the same are truly appreciated

Group memberships:
Premium Members

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

DataStage Server jobs have always had a debugging feature and DataStage Parallel jobs have had debug stages like Sample, Head, Tail, Peek, etc. In DataStage 8.7, a debugging feature was added for parallel jobs too. You can check the 8.7 docs if you're interested in those details. I suppose you could add a DEBUG True/False parameter and route records down another Transformer link based on the parameter value.

Add To Favorites
View next topic
View previous topic