WS client stage returning single row

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rajadommeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

WS client stage returning single row

Post by rajadommeti »

Hi,

I am using web service client stage to call a WS which will return multiple rows (5 columns).
but the data is returning in a single row (for all rows)
all rows data in a column is appended in that column.
How can we split this data into multiple rows.

Thanks in Advance.
RAJ
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

hmm. It's interesting that you are getting "all" the rows. If the Web Service delivers a formal array, then usually you will get the first row only, but perfectly formatted, while the rest of the rows are tossed.

So you may have something even deeper going on, depending on the definition of the WSDL.

Either way --- here's a way to attack it:

Make a copy of your Job. Look at the output link column list of the WSClient. Delete all the columns. Put in one single column called something like "SOAPresponse" (there's a built-in tabledef for it, but you can just type it in)....give it a longvarchar and something like 99999 for a length, and put a single '/' in the Description property.

Send that link into a single Sequential Stage, with NO formatting (use 'none' for delimiter and quote character if this is EE, or '000' for delimiter and quote character if this is Server)...

Look at it. If it's a collection of xml tags grouped into an array, then you need to ultimately send it to an xmlInput Stage to be further parsed...if it's something else, like a bunch of comma delimited data, you'll need a row splitter or second job..... etc. etc. etc.....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
rajadommeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajadommeti »

Thanks for the quick reply. I sent the output to 1 string and fortunately it is giving all data in XML tags and I used XML input stage to split into multiple rows. All worked well. Thank you
RAJ