Business Glossary Notification

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Business Glossary Notification

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there a notification mechanism when a Term is created in Business Glossary?

If not, is there any Report that could be scheduled to run periodically? It seems to me that there's a paucity of reporting available out of Business Glossary, even in version 8.7.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I've done the "naughty" thing and create services directly against xmeta to read the primary Term table and send me RSS notifications (using ISD :) )......but another way might be to have a REST API polling application looking at Term details, periodically walking thru the glossary.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Mohchito
Participant

Post by Mohchito »

You have the ability to very high, I need you now.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 11.5 there is a business process management layer one can add to Information Governance Catalog to provide the mechanism I was seeking. It's part of the Stewardship Center. DSXchange ran a couple of webinars about it earlier this year.
  • Stewardship Center for Information Governance

Stewardship Center for Data Remediation
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Those were good webinars. I got the impression we could already add the IBM Stewardship Center and IBM BPM Standard Edition onto version 11.3 as well.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

True, but there is a certain minimum patch level that you have to have for 11.3. I don't have those details with me at this time.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

11.3.1 Fix Pack 2 according to this technote.

11.3.1.0 with a patch according to this technote.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius