Match specification Rules

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you define a blocking field in a match pass specification, you can specify whether that field is character or numeric. You have left the default (character) when you should have changed to numeric.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

When you specify a field to block on, it gives you the option to block as a number or as characters. So to fix the error, make sure it's set to compare them as numbers.

You might also want to block on something a bit looser than the actual value.
The matching part can be "fuzzy", but the blocking part is exact.
Maybe try NYSIIS of some of the names, part of the DoB (you can use a transformer to create some loose keys of your own in advance, remember) or something similar.
vijaydasari
Participant

Re: Match specification Rules

Post by vijaydasari »

Thanks for the replies .

I am able solve this issue by moving the date of birth column to Match command section.

now my block commands are MatchFirstNameNYSIIS_USNAME, PrimaryName_USNAME, CityName_USAREA, StateAbbreviation_USAREA & ZipCode_USAREA.

Match commands colmuns are MatchFirstName_USNAME, MatchPrimaryName_USNAME, ZipCode_USAREA, CityName_USAREA, StateAbbreviation_USAREA,EMAIL_ADDRESS,AddressType_USADDR & DATE_OF_BIRTH.

Match specification identified master and duplicate records , but weight of master record is 0.91 and duplicate record weight is 0.07.

How can I utilize Cutoff values and weight overrides section ?
Vijaya K Dasari
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like you're in need of some training. Why not work through the QualityStage tutorial, which ships with the software and has its own manual?

Cutoffs determine thresholds at which the composite weights calculated for records indicate a match, a non-match, or a "too close to call".
Weight overrides allow you to bias the calculation of agreement or disagreement weights based on some external knowledge (for example that some particular field, while not particularly selective - few distinct values - is important to the business in some way). You also need to look at variable special handling along the same lines.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.