How can I update the update installer?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

How can I update the update installer?

Post by marcelo_almeida »

Hello all!

I need to install the pack InfoSvr_v8.5_FP1_Linux64.ispkg, however an error is occurring, as transcribed below. I read in another post that the error may be due to the version of update installer. The version I'm using is 8.5.0.229, according to another post, it should be 8.5.0.271.
Does anyone know how can I update the update installer?

Thanks,

Operating System: 64-bit RedHet
Information Server 8.5

[root@srvlinux2 bin]# ./installUpdates -console
INFO: Patch Installation program will be running in this session, please do not close patch installation window until patch installation program completes.
InfoSphere Information Server installation location: /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/
CDIIN2918E: Invalid InfoSphere Information Server installation location:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/
InfoSphere Information Server installation location: /opt/IBM/InformationServer
Patch to install (path to .ispkg file): /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Updates/downloads/InfoSvr_v8.5_FP1_Linux64.ispkg
CDIIN4205E: XML Validation Failure: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'ISALite' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[datastage, servicesbackbone, informationserver, fasttrackinstaller, informationanalyzer, isenterprise, metadataworkbench, businessglossary, businessglossaryanywhere, datastagedocs, repositoryinstaller, ISC, metadata.server, datastage, DataStageCommon, qualitystage, InformationAnalyzer, BusinessGlossary, BusinessGlossaryAnywhere, MetadataWorkbench, FastTrack, WISD, ISC, Migration, MetaBrokersAndBridges, Documentation, ISTools, Datastage, Servicesbackbone, Informationserver, Fasttrackinstaller, Informationanalyzer, Isenterprise, Metadataworkbench, Businessglossary, Businessglossaryanywhere, Datastagedocs, Repositoryinstaller, iSC, Metadata.server, Datastage, dataStageCommon, Qualitystage, informationAnalyzer, businessGlossary, businessGlossaryAnywhere, metadataWorkbench, fastTrack, wISD, iSC, migration, metaBrokersAndBridges, documentation, iSTools]'. It must be a value from the enumeration. xml file: PatchManifest.xml. xsd file: PatchManifest.xsd.
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

The updateInstaller update can be downloaded from IBM's Fix Central website. Instructions for installation are included with the download.

You'll see when you read the instructions, but make sure you specify the installdir/_uninstall directory when you start the update.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
marcelo_almeida
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by marcelo_almeida »

jwiles,

I downloaded the "update installer" through the link below.
Everything worked fine.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg24024048

Thank you!
Marcelo Almeida
antoniomarcelo@gmail.com
Brazil