unable to see transform editor

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

TeradataDICoE_MRR
Premium Member
Premium Member

unable to see transform editor

Post by TeradataDICoE_MRR »

Sorry for the question - I know this has probably been answered somewhere but I can't seem to locate it.

I normally work with 2 monitors - so last time I was in the transform editor I was working on monitor 2 (my extended monitor). I generally try to move the transform editor to my primary monitor before I close it so that it will open on my primary monitor (as most software programs would normally do). When I left on this trip however, I forgot and now the transform editor is opening on my (now virtual) 2nd monitor so I can't seem to get to it and it locks up the Designer. I know there is a registry entry to hack to fix this but can't seem to find a reference to it. Anyone know that hack??

Thanks,
Mike R.
Michael Ruland
DI Architect and Senior Consultant
CoE Data Integration
Teradata Corp

michael.ruland@teradata.com
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could probably turn up what you are looking for by searching for "regedit" but basically you would use it to remove the entries for the Designer. Next time you launch the client, it will restore them with their default settings.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
TeradataDICoE_MRR
Premium Member
Premium Member

I had tried this and found 3 separate major entries for Designer in the registry - I back up and deleted each entry. Then I brought up the Designer again and am still experiencing the same problem. It would help to know which registry entry to hack - I would appreciate it if anyone could point me to that.

Thanks,
Mike R.
Michael Ruland
CoE Data Integration
Teradata Corp

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Unfortunately, I can't as I have nothing to check against. Worst case, you might want to try exporting the entire 'Ascential' branch, remove it and then see what happens after it is replaced. Did you try the 'regedit' search here? Some people have posted specific registry key(s) but from what I recall it still comes down to 'everything for the Designer' I do believe.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Try a google search using: off monitor window move.

You may be able to move the window with keyboard shortcuts without having to touch the registry.

Mike
rschirm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rschirm »

regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->IBM->InformationServer->DataStage Client->affd...->DSDesign->Settings->Transformer

Just Set Left to 0 and Top to 0.
TeradataDICoE_MRR
Premium Member
Premium Member

excellent tip. I found an entry at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/ ... ard-trick/ which did the trick. I needed to use the key board technique like this:

... you can just alt-tab to the window, use Alt+Space, then M, then Arrow key, and then move your mouse

Thanks again,
Mike R.
Michael Ruland
CoE Data Integration
Teradata Corp