Lineage Report

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

perspicax
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lineage Report

Post by perspicax »

Trying to create a lineage report. I have two jobs, job1 loads data from tab a to tab b (kind of staging job which is 1 to 1. Then job 2 which takes the data from tab b and loads into tabc. This job reads data from tab b does a bunch of lookups and pass the data through tx stage before loading into tab c.

Both the jobs are deployed from Ibm's fast track solution. I can open governance catalogue and see the lineage information at job level. What I am trying to do is trace lineage information of a column in tab c all the way to tab a. Is this possible to do in IGC?

Also I came across following KB article. It says go to Administration -> lineage management. It is not clear from article which tool the article is talking about for there is no 'Administration' in IGC

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... ports.html
mouthou
Participant

Post by mouthou »

It talks about IGC console only and administration there. May be your user id don't have necessary privileges to see the Admin section.

Try login with some admin user to see if you get Administration section visible.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note, too, that they're not really tabs. They're more coloured text on a toolbar background.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.