Data Preview

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jweir
Participant

Data Preview

Post by jweir »

I would like to see something alongs the lines of a Data Preview, like Informatica 9 has implemented.
Jweir

--- If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you describe it please, for those of us who've never seen Informatica 9? How is that different from 'View Data'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

Well, I suppose I was really leaning towards was mid-stream profiling. This is where you can debug your jobs mid-stream, rather than running the complete job and seeing what happened. I haven't actually got my hands on this yet, but I've been to a presentation and I was interested. I am hoping to get my hands on it soon.
Jweir

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thanks. I'm actually working at an 8.6 Informatica site this year and they're allegedly scheduled to upgrade to 9.x in a month or two. Perhaps I'll get to see it in action. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

Well if you do, please let me know! I'd love to hear how it operates (if i don't get my hands on it first!)
Jweir

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server jobs already have the interactive debugger. An interactive debugger is also on the roadmap for parallel jobs, possibly as soon as the next-to-be-released version.

There are interesting questions to be resolved debugging processes that may be spread across multiple machines.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.