Thanks to my friends

Got a positive word to say about the DSXchange? Let us know!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks to my friends

Post by kduke »

I would just like to stay thanks to Dennis, Andy and Rick. You guys have been very helpful with this web site and in many other ways in making me a better developer and trying to keep me employed over the years. I would of never such an interesting life without this web site and your help.

There are many others I would like to thank as well. As I get older I am less able to deal with the stress of such cool state of the art projects as we always seem to get involved with in the DataStage world. It always seems like the projects are the number one project for the current company. Just like my buddies Alan and Mikie (only I can call him Mikie) take care of each other so does my friend Peter look after me.

On other projects Ron took care of me at Discovery channel. Brent, Hester and others took care of me at BellSouth. It is nice to play racquetbal and hang out with these guys when you are on the road. I learned so much from each and every one. Not just the ones on the road but some of the local companies too. Thanks Pratap, Shehzad, Earl and many others at Blue Cross. Thanks to Vince, Jonathan, Dawood and all the nice people on my current project.

Thank you for being my friends. I really appreciate it. I am a blessed man to work on such cool projects. Sometimes you look back and you are so grateful that you not only survived but had some laughs along the way. We actually tracked eyeballs at Discovery. I always get a laugh out of that. (Eyeballs are the number of people who watch TV shows.)
Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And then there are the friends you haven't had a chance to work with yet. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Absolutely, the top poster have all been very supportive and helpful. Craig makes us all laugh on a regular basis. We have all learned so much from all these guys especially Ray, Arnd, Craig, Ken, Ernie and Vincent. Awesome blogs guys. I knew I woudl forget someone.
Mamu Kim
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Well Kim, I am honored to be recognized as someone that helped and is a friend!

We did have some fun at BS and we did learn a bunch! I really do look back on that contract with a bit of fondness - we were all pretty far from home, on a contract that had no chance of success but we still were able to laugh and that made it easier.

I wish you were still in my neck of the woods so that we could play just one more racquetball game - this time I would kick your a$$ :D (never did beat Kim - totally awesome RB player!).

Thanks for the kind words and it was a pleasure working with you too and learning from you.
velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by velagapudi_k »

Are you retiring? or just wanted to re collect good times?
Venkat Velagapudi
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Sorry but not yet. Just thought I would say thanks. I think I scared Ronnie. Nothing is wrong. Just grateful.
Mamu Kim
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I think your ETLSTATS is used in majority of the installations having datastage.

Regards
Sreeni
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Wish I knew how many people have it installed and working. Maybe I will do a poll. The default email was a gmail account I never used. It had hundreds of emails in it when I checked a few weeks back. I cleaned it out. I thought it was funny.
Mamu Kim