Right-click "Break Link" option

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Right-click "Break Link" option

Post by PhilHibbs »

I want to be able to right-click on a link, and break it into two links. At the moment, if I want to insert a new stage in between two existing stages, I might do this process:

1. Click on one of the stages and and Copy it
2. Paste it
3. Delete the old Stage
4. Move the Copy_Of_ stage
5. Rename one of the two links
6. Place a stage that connects the new link and the old link
7. If the copied stage had both Input and Output, then delete any trailing links and re-attach any trailing links

I'd like to replace this process with:
1. Right-click on a link and select "Break link"
2. Rename one of the links
3. Place a stage that connects the two links

*Update*: Also, I'd like to be able to right-click on a Stage and delete it and have its input and output link welded into a single link. This could only work if it has one input, one output, and both have the same metadata, but would be useful for instance if I have a Copy stage that splits my data out into a debug file, and I want to get rid of it. Delete the File and its link, then remove the stage. Unanswered question: what to call the new link, would have to pick input or output link name, but that could cause a name conflict with another stage.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant