WISD stage error...

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

WISD stage error...

Post by allavivek »

Hi All,

I was developing a job that provides web service...

like input to service is id and response is name of particular id...

i was getting the following error while compiling..

"A job with WISD input or WISD output stage must have the "Allow Multiple Instance" and "Enabled for information services" properties set...

How to enable these??And how to generate wsdl for my job service..???

Thank you.....
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: WISD stage error...

Post by allavivek »

Hi All,

Enabled previous options from job properties...

When iam running it is asking "invocation id"...

what is invocation id??what am i supposed to give?

How to generate wsdl for my job?

Thank you...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It shouldn't be asking you directly as you do not run these from the Director. All that should be automatic when you deploy the service and it is enabled, an invocation id will be generated for you appropriate to the number of invocations and what has previously run (it is basically a generated number, much like a surrogate key).

Unfortunately, all my experience is specific to the 7.x RTI version and the "RTI Console" (a stand-alone client) which is where you would have handled all that, no clue where all that happens in the 8.x world. But I'm sure Ernie will be along eventually to enlighten us all. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
allavivek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by allavivek »

thanks chulett for reply..

How to deploy my job as web service and how to enable??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm sure that's all documented, but that's not something I have access to. Let's wait for our resident expert to arrive, shall we? You could always dig out the docs in the interim.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Now that you have "enabled" your Job you have to construct an ISD application that "deploys" it as an Operation that is part of a Service. Too much to discuss here, but you need to look for, and then spend time learning, the Information Server Console. This is a separate icon and tooling on your desktop. After you find it and spend some time with the Information Services Director documentation, go to my blog below and find the entry in the table of contents that talks about using "shortcuts" in the Information Services Director console....it will make the learning curve easier. As Craig notes, Jobs deployed as services are not run using the Director....the are started and stopped and controlled by the settings you deploy via the Information Server Console in an Information Services project.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>