Abnormal Termination

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunkumarmm
Participant

Abnormal Termination

Post by arunkumarmm »

Hi All,

My job abend with the error "Abnormal termination of stage EX_CreateSubXML..X_Src detected"

The job design is like this:

CFF -->> Transformer -->>Pivot -->> Transformer -->> XML O/P -->> HF
^
|
|
HF
|
|
DB

This error is related to the transformer after the CFF!
First time when the job abend with this error, after several other tries, I used a Int() function of the hashed file look-up key derivation and guess, it worked!!!

Now I'm getting this error again :-( with the same job which was working fine. And the Phantom info I have is
"From previous run
DataStage Job 4134 Phantom 31273
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program JOB.724382708.DT.1555211235.TRANS6 at address 94e."

Any thoughts?
Arun
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Than DB and HF look-up is for the 2nd transformer..... :-)
Arun
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In server jobs error messages are always from active stage types (in this case Transformer), because only these have associated processes. When you reset (not re-compile) the job are there any "from previous run" messages logged? If so, what's in them?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

"From previous run
DataStage Job 4134 Phantom 31273
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program JOB.724382708.DT.1555211235.TRANS6 at address 94e."

Above is the info I got after resetting the job. I have included it in original post...
Arun
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

An exact match search for "Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine." returned 9 other posts that mention it, check those out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Chulett,

From all that posts I came to know it was something related to do with the Oracle stage. I removed the oracle stage from my job and even then I'm getting this error.

I split the job and wrote my src file to a hashed file and in the next job I read that Hashed file. Its working fine now. :lol:

But still I'm not sure why it is giving a error if I have a CFF or a seq file. :(
Arun
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't know either. If you really want to find out, you'd have to involve your official support provider, me thinks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers