Information Analyzer: Output directly to user-defined tables

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

Information Analyzer: Output directly to user-defined tables

Post by truenorth »

Information Analyzer 8.1.2
Currently, Information Analyzer outputs task results, e.g., records that violate a rule, to its own table called IADB. If you want a detail exception report on those errant records using an external application like Oracle BI, you have to export the data out to a flat file then import that flat file to a table then report on the table.

It would be great if IA could output directly to a user-defined table - Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, etc.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe that's the case - my understanding is that the data samples and some intermediate results are in IADB, but that the analysis results themselves are in tables in XMETA. Of course the exception records themselves would be in IADB. Perhaps you could create a DataStage job to move them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

It is the exception records that I would like to be in a user-defined table, immediately available for consumption outside of IA. Yes, we are looking at using DS to move them, but that is the extra step we can avoid if IA had the ability to output directly to a user-defined table.

The table and column names in IADB are also cryptic and therefore tedious to figure out.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:lol:
If you find IADB cryptic you ain't looked at XMETA yet!!!
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

IBM now offers a bundle of Information Analyzer with the Discovery Exception Manager - so you can capture and report on exceptions to Information Analyzer rules in the Exception manager though I don't know how integrated they are yet.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need 8.1.2 or the Exception Manager. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but reading the manuals for it is on my plate for this week.