Is WTX replacement for DS ?

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kaps
Participant

Is WTX replacement for DS ?

Post by kaps »

We use DataStage to populate the EDW and Marts and also to transfer data between Legacy sources and Distributed source systems.

Now some people are interested in using WTX for the same purpose. I can agree with them on transfering data to OLTP as they may want it in a queue as XML as that can be real time. But can WTX replace in populating EDW and marts ? I have a feeling WTX is not meant for that. But I never worked with WTX. So people who have idea about both please shed some light in this...

Appreciate your time..

Thanks
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

The advice mainly stems from the fact they need not buy datastage and use IBM AppServer and WTX itself.
You can post this query in WTX forum

Regards
Sreeni
marla_d
Participant

Post by marla_d »

Sreenivasulu wrote:The advice mainly stems from the fact they need not buy datastage and use IBM AppServer and WTX itself.
You can post this query in WTX forum

Regards
Sreeni
Where can I find the WTX forum? It doesn't appear in your list of forums.
Marla A. Drucker
WTX Consultant
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Funny but... this is it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When Ascential acquired Mercator, the product was renamed DataStage TX.

When IBM acquired Ascential, they put all the DataStage products under their WebSphere brand. When the InfoSphere brand was established, they decided that TX properly belonged in the WebSphere brand.

DSXchange seems to have remained a little conservative in its forum naming, but will no doubt catch up next time the Forum Index page is maintained.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
marla_d
Participant

Post by marla_d »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]When Ascential acquired Mercator, the product was renamed DataStage TX.

When IBM acquired Ascential, they put all the DataStage products under their WebSphere brand. When the InfoSphere brand was ...[/quote]

Your sentence was cut off. Are trying to say that InfoSphere now owns the product formerly known as Mercator?
Marla A. Drucker
WTX Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

InfoSphere is just another brand within IBM Software Group. So, technically, it is IBM who owns the product formerly known as Mercator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.