DataStage TX 8.2.0.2 Migration from HP UNIX to AIX

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ushasribandaru
Participant

DataStage TX 8.2.0.2 Migration from HP UNIX to AIX

Post by ushasribandaru »

Hi All,

What all things we need to consider while migrating the DataStage TX from HP UNIX to AIX server.

- We have already installed the DataStage TX in AIX mechine
- we have aix platform supported compiled maps and msl 's
- What all changes we need to do??

We are not able to start the services in AIX mechine, It shows some message like "Un known Terminal"

Thank You,
Usha.
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

While I've upgraded on Windows machines and Unix machines, I have never upgraded across a platform, but from what I understand, it shouldn't be much of a change.

First and obviously, you have to change your deployment servers in your msl files to AIX from UNIX-HP.

Second, you're going to have to set up launcher under AIX as you would for any OS. Install, set up your enviroment correctly, then deploy systems.

I would start off with my least complicated system, or even build a new one to test bringing launcher up on the AIX, maybe only containing one blob to blob map. when you can bring up that one system, you should be able to add the rest of them.

You can only develop systems on the Window based development tools, so all the code is the same; it's the compiling for different platforms described in the server types in the msl files that changes.