not happy with this site..

Got a positive word to say about the DSXchange? Let us know!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ccbmig

not happy with this site..

Post by ccbmig »

well. sorry to say to say but I am not at all happy with this site. I joined as a premium member since April 09 and have ever since unable to access most of the forums except a couple, this one and Quality stage.

Most of the forums return the message "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum" on access.

I raised this to the moderator and website admin. They said it was a technical issue and told me it would be fixed. But it hasnt been fixed yet.

Worse I do not see any communication back after an initial reply and there is no place where I can escalate this problem. The support is totally pathetic.

I wanted to cancel my membership and there was no reply for that as well. The membership amount of $100 has been a total waste and this site has given me no use since I joined.

I would advise people to not to pay for this and use the free login as the premium membership is a ripoff.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that. The only forums where you should see that "only users granted special access" message would be the very small number of "private" forums that you would need to request access to. For example, I see that if I try to post in the "Looking for Talent" forum. However, the vast majority should allow anyone to post as long as the forum isn't obsolete and thus locked. Are you saying you are having this problem with basic access to the General, Server and/or PX forums? Never heard of that being an issue, so it is a little mind boggling if that's the case. :(

Can't comment on the admin / support side as I'm really just another user and not involved with that at all.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Your criticism is mis-placed...if you have an issue with the $100 you spent, and the behavior of the restrictions, and are frustrated with that, so be it --- but to challenge that the site "has given me no use since I joined" is not justified. There's enormous value in this site just from browsing thru the topics and seeing things that "might" be of interest on a future project. I challenge anyone at ANY level of DataStage experience to claim that they find nothing useful or interesting or new here on at least some topic related to data integration and/or specifically Information Server.

...and further, $100.00 is a small price to pay for the time required for the team that manages this site.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

I am sure everyone tries to get maximum information from dsxchange before they even contact the support vendor.
This is the best website ever and has helped me and others in diagnosing an issue and resolving it.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

eostic wrote:Your criticism is mis-placed...if you have an issue with the $100 you spent, and the behavior of the restrictions, and are frustrated with that, so be it --- but to challenge that the site "has given me no use since I joined" is not justified. There's enormous value in this site just from browsing thru the topics and seeing things that "might" be of interest on a future project. I challenge anyone at ANY level of DataStage experience to claim that they find nothing useful or interesting or new here on at least some topic related to data integration and/or specifically Information Server.

...and further, $100.00 is a small price to pay for the time required for the team that manages this site.

Ernie
But if he can't see the forums for which this useful information exists then not so mis-placed.

For me, dsxchange has been a great help, he just seems to have had some great misfortune in accessing it... either that or he hasn't figured where the prime forums are...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Apparently the user database was corrupted some time ago and they had no luck in being able to correct the odd problem as noted that a handful of people had. They thought they had contacted everyone but it sounds like they missed 'ccbmig'. The solution is to create a new user and then the site owners would 'comp' your membership. My understanding is that has been done, or should be in the works, here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
migccb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by migccb »

I am back as a new user, unfortunately I am still facing the same issue, the admin is looking at it and hopefully it should be resolved soon. Will keep you all posted on that.

I found the site more useful when I had the free account as I was able to access the forums and view the tips/suggestions, even if it was a couple of lines. but after upgrading to premium user I just couldn't access any forums except 1-2. So in effect I have never been able to view full messages and had to resort to other avenues for help.

I am paying $100 for a service and I only expect that it is provided as promised. It's not a question whether its big or small or how it is spent. They are irrelevant to me...and $100 may be not a huge amount in Australia but it not small as well. For someone in other countries like India or China it is a big amount.

My main problem was that I had to send multiple emails to support and when still it wasn't resolved there was no escalation point. I had to resort to a public rant to get things in motion again.

Hopefully it will be sorted out soon and I can really enjoy the benefits of the site.
Abhijeet1980
Participant

Post by Abhijeet1980 »

Nothing much to say.

DSXChange has a few experts who can guide the needy. But Ofcourse, it is an individuals choice to decide to serve public or to make money.

May take years, though, to become an unprecedented site like Oracle forums.

Articles on Oracle are umpteen but try n search for an article on an ETL tool.

Anyway, it is a question of choice.

Many regards,
Abhijit

Everyone is wise until he speaks.
Kind regards
Abhijit Gaikwad
asingh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asingh »

My Premium membership recently expired and despite having paid up for another year about 10 days ago I still canot view Premium content which used to be able to. Just sent a follow up email to the "Contact" emails and let's hope someone gets back to me.

If users are expected to fork out US$100 per annum to view Premium content, the least they should get back in return is some decent customer service. But I'm sure its a case of I need the forum more than the forum needs me right? So we just have to put up with it.

And of course I still haven't got the promotional Category C DVD which I requested with my initial year's membership but that's a different story.
Editor

Post by Editor »

Asingh,

You are right we need to be more responsible for our operations. We have recently gotten the assistance of an old friend of the web site to help us with these recent lapses of operation. He actually worked on DataStage release 1.0 and was the 'Author" of Version Control for DataStage" the product we sold to Ascential that created the genesis for this site. (tools4datastage.com). We are also planning for a "premium only sister site' that will offer every Premium more for their investment with us.

We are hopeful that you understand that even with Premium members paying, it no where covers the actual costs of maning this site. If it weren't for the many friends and volunteers, we would chose a different model.

Please contact me on your missing DVD.

Editor@DSXchange.net

DennisJames