DS Change Capture

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

marionpt
Participant

DS Change Capture

Post by marionpt »

Hello Experts,

Can you please help me with my parallel job - which capture the changes made from Original source compare with my Current database?

I have customer data (First and Last name, Address, and Telephone#).. I need to capture any update made from source... Let say a customer move from one address to another or a customer change his telephone#..

My issue is: Not all customer provide a telephone number.. because if the Telephone number from Original Source and Current Database are blank, the "Change Capture" stage tagged it as an "Update" which is wrong, there were no updates done in Source..

How can I capture only those customers who have an update? Please help.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this question about InfoSphere Transformation Extender (TX) or about DataStage parallel jobs?

Please post in the Enterprise Edition forum if it is not about TX - the forum in which you did post is for that product only. The product used to be called DataStage TX but is no longer thus called.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.