Support for Websphere TX

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Support for Websphere TX

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi All,

I heard that IBM is withdrawing support to TX ?

OR

Is it just renaming the product ?

Is it true ?

Regards
Sreeni
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Sounds pretty shocking to me. I don't know for sure, but WebSphere TX is a significant part of WebSphere Message Broker.... I'd be awfully surprised, and besides, end-of-life needs a lot of time, and TX is still actively selling........ sounds like an error in naming.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I, on the other hand, "have heard" that someone in Nigeria wants to deposit $40M into my bank account.

Please don't just go with "I have heard" - cite sources so you and we can check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi Ray,

Pls find the link which says that IBM support has been withdrawn in 2008-

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... -8&lang=en

-----------------------------START---------------

SUBJECT - Software END OF SERVICE: DataStage TX (Transformation Extender) Versions 8.0.x

Abstract
Withdrawal Announcement June 10, 2008

NOTE: 8.0.x implies all versions of 8.0. (8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.1.1 which is equivalent to 8.0.2)

Effective September 19, 2008, IBM will withdraw from marketing IBM WebSphere DataStage Transformation Extender Versions 8.0.x (FCT and PPA versions for the distributed platforms), also known as Ascential DataStage TX and DataStage TX.

Effective September 30, 2009, IBM will no longer offer support for IBM WebSphere DataStage Transformation Extender Versions 8.0.x (FCT and PPA versions for the distributed platforms), also known as Ascential DataStage TX, DataStage TX.

Effective September 8, 2008, IBM will withdraw from marketing IBM WebSphere DataStage Transformation Extender Versions 8.0.x (PPA version for zOS), also known as Ascential DataStage TX and DataStage TX.

Effective September 30, 2009, IBM will no longer offer support for IBM WebSphere DataStage Transformation Extender Versions 8.0.x (PPA version for zOS), also known as Ascential DataStage TX, DataStage TX.

Effective September 8, 2008, IBM will withdraw from marketing IBM WebSphere Trading Partner version 3.1.7. Announcement letter 908-114.

Effective September 8, 2010, IBM will no longer offer support for
IBM WebSphere Trading Partner version 3.1.7

-----------------------------END-----------------
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And if you keep reading the link you provided, you'd see that support was withdrawn for DataStage TX 8.0 and replaced with the equivalent WebSphere TX 8.1, 8.2 product. Nothing to see here, move along.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers