Windows XP sp3

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Windows XP sp3

Post by ray.wurlod »

Service Pack 3 for Windows XP is currently being shipped by Microsoft. Does anyone have any information about the potential impact on either DataStage 7.5x2 or Information Server of installing this service pack?

Don't bother telling me it's not a supported operating system - I do know that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, don't know anyone personally that has installed SP3, work or home. I've heard of some gamers online taking the plunge and their experiences seem to have ranged from complete chaos to no issues whatsoever.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting this came up searching for SP3 - just got a new work laptop running XP SP3 and having some odd DataStage issues. Not sure if it's related or not but I think I'm one of the first here at work with that service pack and I'm getting automation/ole errors trying to add new parameters to jobs.

Dang. :(

Edited to add: Apparently not an SP3 issue as a reinstall of the client rght over the first install I did fixed things for me. Guessing something didn't get registered/installed properly the first time for whatever reason.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers