Compare With...

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Compare With...

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Compare against... and Cross Project Compare utilies in version 8 are nice, but the former would be even nicer if a comparison could be made between an export file and the (corresponding components in the) current project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

It would also be nice if there were an easier way to compare multiple jobs. Having to attach to the 2nd project again for each job being compared is cumbersome and time consuming.
Bob
sbass1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sbass1 »

(For anyone familiar with the "Beyond Compare" utility...)

What I'd love to see is "Beyond Compare for DS Projects":

1) Pick base file, pick comparison file, compare, give differences report

2) Pick base project, pick comparison project, compare, give differences report, which includes files (objects) that are the same, objects that differ, objects in one project and not the other, etc.

3) User configurable rules to ignore unimportant differences, eg. readonly flag in comparison project.

IBM should just get a copy of Beyond Compare, study its functionality, and do that for Datastage ;)

Oh, and do this with "good" performance.
Some people are the Michael Jordan's of Datastage. I'm more like Muggsy Bogues :-)