Creating sequence generator transformation

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Vishal1982
Participant

Creating sequence generator transformation

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hello All,

I want to perform sequence generator transformatin in Datastage TX8.0 ,i have one diamension table in database and i want to generate
the surrogate key into the another fact table corresponding to primary key
of diamension table.

Any help is appreciable
Thanks in Advance
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. Are you sure you mean TX ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vishal1982
Participant

Yes,i like to have the help in TX 8.0

Post by Vishal1982 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. Are you sure you mean TX ? ...

Yes,i like to have the help in TX 8.0
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
HariniAruna
Participant

Post by HariniAruna »

Hi can u explain with example
what i understanding is u want to generate sequence number to the DB table is it the one ur asking?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

U is not asking the question. Vishal1982 is.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u", and it its possessive case is spelled "your", not "ur".

Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. Not only does this help those whose first language is not English, it also manages not to offend those of us who are professional and continue to support this site. Would you document your paid work as if it were a mobile telephone?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roydanlobo
Participant

Sequence Number

Post by roydanlobo »

Well if your question is regarding TX , i have a solution to generate a sequence number from a DB and if you are speaking about PX , Ray is the right guy but not in these forum start a topic in IBM PX forum ,

VALID(DBLOOKUP( "select fn_seq('xxx') from dual" ,"-MDQ xxx -DBNAME xxx -TE get_Next_FIle_nbr.DBL"),FAIL("Failed to get sequence Number from the hub : " + LASTERRORMSG()))

this should work , if u have the Database setup and running.