Information Analyzer

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Information Analyzer

Post by RaviReena »

We installed the Info Server 8.0.1(Information Analyzer) and loaded the data to the DB2 Table come with it. I tested the connectivity to default database(iadb) using example and it is working fine and tested the connection with Information Analyzer which is successful.

But when we run the column analysis on the table it is running for ever and finally i deleted the job.

Any ideas about the best way to test the Information analyzer Column analysis with a sample data.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly it is not "running forever" not least because you killed it. Column analysis is the most computationally and I/O intensive analyses that IA performs - you must allow it to finish. I have had column analyses run hours, even tens of hours. For large data sets, we run them over the weekend.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Yes. The column analysis jobs do tend to run for several hours depending on the volume of data and number of fields.

But instead of killing your job, you can check the status of the column analysis jobs on Director by selecting 'ANALYZERPROJECT' project.

By checking the status of column analysis jobs scheduled by Information analyzer you can know whether there is any issue or not.
RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Information Analyzer

Post by RaviReena »

Aruna Gutti wrote:Yes. The column analysis jobs do tend to run for several hours depending on the volume of data and number of fields.

But instead of killing your job, you can check the status of the column analysis jobs on Director by selecting 'ANALYZERPROJECT' project.

By checking the status of column analysis jobs scheduled by Information analyzer you can know whether there is any issue or not.

I just verified the director , no job is created for my project. What could be the possible problem?
Rao V
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Check and see what kind of errors you are getting in iashandler.log. You can find these logs in '/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/default' directory.

Also you can check for any errors in Client directory 'C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\ISC'.

Either of these logs should tell you what is the exact issue.
RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by RaviReena »

We applied the rollup patch 12 for server and client and it is started working fine. Again thanks for info to check the iashandler.log
Rao V