Frequency cutoff in QS

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

krishna81
Premium Member
Premium Member

Frequency cutoff in QS

Post by krishna81 »

Hi,

Could any one please let me know.

What is frequency cutoff,why we are defining No of samples and frequency cutoff in Investigation stage.
Since i am new for QS.

Thanks in Advance
kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's an aid to productivity - you can eliminate low frequency occurrences because you're typically more interested in the higher frequencies, for example to decide whether to apply a rule override.

As to WHY you're defining anything, that would require mind reading and I'm not feeling up to doing that right now, late on a Friday after a busy week.

Number of samples, even though you didn't ask explicitly, is the number of examples of each (for example) pattern in the report.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krishna81
Premium Member
Premium Member

Frequency cutoff in QS

Post by krishna81 »

Ray,
thanks for the reply, but i am not able to see full post,bcz i am not an premium member.
could you please let me know how can i see the above post.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Purchase a premium membership or have your employer do so on your behalf.

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c (Rs12) per day. It is one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange are met. No premium memberships = no DSXchange.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krishna81
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by krishna81 »

Thanks ray,
I thought it is $999,i just double checked it is $99/Yr :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, I can understand that the former figure might have given you pause. DSXchange needs revenue to survive, but doesn't want to price itself out of the market either. Thank you for checking.