Information server and WTX

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

bman
Participant

Information server and WTX

Post by bman »

Hi

I have couple of baisc questions on WTX ( I saw couple of questions in similiar lines in this frum but am still not clear on the below points )

1. Is WTX part of IBM InformationServer suite ? I do have IBM information server suite but It has only Datatsage/Quality stage client.
2. Can the components created ( code / map / job) created in datastage PX used in datastage TX or vice versa?
3. Can director be used to monitor the running jobs (?) for Datastage TX also ?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

WebSphere TX is the former DataStage TX and is ultimately the former Mercator tool -- it is a graphical mapping and transformation tool with specific strengths in dealing with complex hierarchical data structures, especially those that have pre-built, near-industry-standard formats (EDI, EDIFACT, SWIFT). It does very well when trying to transform from one of those formats to (say) another complex hierarchical format such as an XML structure.

It is separate from Information Server, although Maps developed and working in TX can be called from DataStage technically using MapStage. THis is usually done when you want to exploit the access capabilities that TX might already have built in (such as to read SWIFT).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>