Please reply: Upgrade from DataStage 7.5 to WTX 8.1

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rockboymcsdedi
Participant

Please reply: Upgrade from DataStage 7.5 to WTX 8.1

Post by rockboymcsdedi »

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our maps/system from DataStage 7.5 to WTX 8.1. If someone has done upgrade from Mercator 6.5/7.5 to WTX 8.1 then Please let me know what precautions we need to take or anything that you would think is important to take care while upgrade to WTX 8.1.

Also Please let me know major difference between 8.1 and 8.2 (I heard 8.2 is entirely different..)

Please reply...

best Regards
Regards
Sachin
rvinakota
Participant

Re: Please reply: Upgrade from DataStage 7.5 to WTX 8.1

Post by rvinakota »

I think it is good idea that you are going to migrate from v7.5 to v8.2 instead of 8.1
rockboymcsdedi
Participant

Post by rockboymcsdedi »

rvinakota wrote:I think it is good idea that you are going to migrate from v7.5 to v8.2 instead of 8.1
Thnaks for your advice on this. However I heard that 8.2 is entirely new/different then 8.1 or Mercator. It uses eclipes. So Looks like if we go for v8.2 we need to first learn and understand v8.2 plus that IBM is still fixing some bugs. Due to these issues we have decided to go for v8.1

Please let me know if there is anything we need to take care to migrate 7.5 to v8.2....
Regards
Sachin
siva9880
Participant

Upgrade from Mercator 6.7 to WTX 8.1

Post by siva9880 »

rockboymcsdedi wrote:Hi,

We are planning to upgrade our maps/system from Mercator 6.7 to WTX 8.1. If someone has done upgrade from Mercator 6.5/7.5 to WTX 8.1 then Please let me know what precautions we need to take or anything that you would think is important to take care while upgrade to WTX 8.1.

Also Please let me know major difference between 8.1 and 8.2 (I heard 8.2 is entirely different..)

Please reply...

best Regards
siva
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

rvinakota wrote:I think it is good idea that you are going to migrate from v7.5 to v8.2 instead of 8.1

Can I ask why you think so? (I know it's late in the game for this thread, but in case you see it).

We're moving from 7.5 to 8.1 by recommendation of IBM, because we don't use XML, almost at all, and they said the improvements in the XML processing were pretty big in 8.2, so it may not benefit us to use 8.2. Maybe also because we use commerce manager and the latest version only works with 8.1, though I'm not sure on that last part though.