IBM Information Server

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Phanee
Participant

IBM Information Server

Post by Phanee »

how to install a IBM information Server in a single windows pc when I need only Datastage TX and Qualitystage clients.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. First, DataStage and QualityStage is now a combined client. What you see in that client depends on what you license - if you only license QualityStage you see only the components (stages) needed for QualityStage jobs.

Beware that the hardware requirements for IBM Information Server, the necessary WebSphere Application Server, DataStage/QualityStage server and the clients is large - not less than 3GB of memory, more is better. IBM recommend 2GB of memory just for the clients.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Phanee
Participant

IBM Information Server

Post by Phanee »

Thanks Ray Wurlod!

I have bothe licences. Can I install IBM information server and the clients in one single windows PC.

Regards

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. First, DataStage and QualityStage is now a combined client. What you see in that client depends on what you license - if you only license QualityStage you see only the components (st ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, if it has the capacity. A minimum of 3GB of memory (4GB if you're using VMWare or similar), and LOTS of disk space - not so much for the installation, you can get away with about 500MB for that, of which about half is temporary and returned at the end of the installation - but for disk and scratch disk resources for parallel execution. CPUs as fast as you can afford.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.