Query editor in hashed file

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Query editor in hashed file

Post by paddu »

Can we have flexibility to query hashed file in Stage itself in future . I know we can use UV stage but i am thinking it would be good to have editor option in the hashed file stage itself .

Something like this will really help for QA purpose .Easy to search combination keys or simply like sql editior quering a table ???

Am i too greedy :?:

May be i think it is possible to query hashed file directly in version 8.0.1 , where we can choose the repository database to be oracle or DB2 ????

am i thinking right?

Please correct me .
There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so. --William Shakespeare
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What it is you think you can't do? Is it a query builder, or the ability to view the data in the hashed file? Certainly you can do the latter with the data browser.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paddu »

I was looking for ability to view data in hashed file . Data browser in the hashed file has option like FIND.

Can we give multiple conditions on multiple columns in the FIND to hit on specific record????
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Look at using the dssh/uvsh command line. You have full SQL capabilities (as long as you have used setfile to deal with externally pathed files. You also have native Retrieve language capabilities (similar to SQL, specific to Universe/DSEngine).
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or you can use the Administrator client Command window. DataStage/SQL is one of the two query languages available. Or you can use the RetrieVe query language, as Ken suggested. To view the table definition of a hashed file the command is LIST.DICT (for which you will also need a VOC pointer to the hashed file).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by paddu »

Thank you both .

Will explore on the options you suggested.