Information Analyzer questions

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Karine
Participant

Information Analyzer questions

Post by Karine »

Hi there,

I'm new to Information Analyzer and have successfully installed a default installation on a single Windows 2003 box with DB2 as metadata repository.
I have some questions which i hope you can help:
a) Do I need to configure odbc.ini and uvodbc.config for IA in a Windows 2003 environment?
b) where's the result of column analysis stored?
b) What tables are intalled in the IADB database? I don't seem to be able to see any tables under the schema iauser. Is there another schema under IADB?

Thanks in advance.
karine
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Information Analyzer questions

Post by BIuser »

Karine wrote:Hi there,

I'm new to Information Analyzer and have successfully installed a default installation on a single Windows 2003 box with DB2 as metadata repository.
I have some questions which i hope you can help:
a) Do I need to configure odbc.ini and uvodbc.config for IA in a Windows 2003 environment?
b) where's the result of column analysis stored?
b) What tables are intalled in the IADB database? I don't seem to be able to see any tables under the schema iauser. Is there another schema under IADB?

Thanks in advance.
karine
Karine,
Answers:
a) if you already created ODBC connection with IADB for table Analysis then no need to edit odbc.ini file manually but if you facing any issue regarding IADB then you can edit that file and put your connection informatiopn in that file
b) its in your Analysis metadata repository (which you create to store analysis result)
-------------------------
https://www.ssa.co.za
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If on Windows there is on .odbc.ini file; instead the ODBCINI key in the Registry is used (edited with ODBC Administrator). The uvodbc.config file is only for DataStage.

Reports are stored in the IADB (Information Analyzer database, formerly PSDB (ProfileStage) or MRDB (MetaRecon)). This requires a separate DSN to have been configured. You need DSNs for this both from your Analysis Server and from your Information Analyzer client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.