Compare flat files using Audit Stage

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DLLAND
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compare flat files using Audit Stage

Post by DLLAND »

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if it's possible to compare txt files using audit stage.
I know it is possible when loading these files into a database (using data stage) and afterwards use these tables in audit stage as input. But before doing this I want to know if the inputfiles are correct.
When I create a new project in audit stage I am not able to define a flat file as input source. Any suggestions ?

Regards, DLLAND
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's probably easier to do in a DataStage parallel job, using one of the change detection/capture stages.

AuditStage, like ProfileStage, is really about determining what's in a file, not about comparing two files, until you get to analyzing for potential foreign key relationships.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DLLAND
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DLLAND »

Good idea. I will try to compare the files using DataStage. Thanks for your answer. :?
ray.wurlod wrote: It's probably easier to do in a DataStage parallel job, using one of the change detection/capture stages.

AuditStage, like ProfileStage, is really about determining what's in a file, not about comparing two files, until you get to analyzing for potential foreign key relationships.