Reading a text file from profile satge with selected columns

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

goutam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reading a text file from profile satge with selected columns

Post by goutam »

I want to read a text file from profile stage with only those fields which needs to be analyzed. For this I need to do a change in the schema file(QETXT.INI) for the above source file i.e I will mention here only those fields which needs to be analyzed with the field positions. Now my question is how to give those position along with the field name. Any Idea?
Goutam Sahoo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Either use the ODBC driver for text files and mention only the desired columns in the SELECT statement, or within ProfileStage identify those columns that are to be excluded from analysis.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
goutam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by goutam »

ray.wurlod wrote:Either use the ODBC driver for text files and mention only the desired columns in the SELECT statement, or within ProfileStage identify those columns that are to be excluded from analysis. ...
Thanks Ray.. I have already configured a Data source for the above text file using DataDirect ODBC text driver. The data source name is vendor. Now tell me where to write the SELECT statement if I want to select FIELD1, FIELD3 and FIELD5. Should I write it in the Data source(vendor) which is defined in odbc.ini file or in the QETXT.INI file???? . For the time being my schema file looks like this.

[Defined Tables]
po_vendors.txt=PO_VENDOR
[PO_VENDOR]
FILE=po_vendors.txt
FLN=1
TT=Tab
Charset=ANSI
DS=.
FIELD1=VENDOR_ID,NUMERIC,9,0,9,0,
FIELD2=LAST_UPDATE_DATE,DATE,10,0,10,0,mm/dd/yyyy
FIELD3=LAST_UPDATED_BY,NUMERIC,15,0,15,0,
FIELD4=VENDOR_NAME,VARCHAR,240,0,240,0,
FIELD5=SEGMENT1,VARCHAR,30,0,30,0,
FIELD6=SUMMARY_FLAG,VARCHAR,1,0,2,0,
FIELD7=ENABLED_FLAG,VARCHAR,1,0,2,0,

RAY..Can you please help me regarding this?????
Goutam Sahoo