Information Analyzer Template

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

santoshkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Information Analyzer Template

Post by santoshkumar »

Hi ,

I need templates/inputs as to how to create a data profiling sheet (process).

Being in ETL all these days I dont have much idea as to how to document a profiling process.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Santosh.
Santosh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically, let the tool guide you and add notes, classes, terms and policies to the metadata and analysis results. Produce reports at each phase - there are ten available. There are five analyses that need to be performed in turn: column analysis (which is resource hungry, as it ought to examine the totality of the source data), primary key analysis (single column or multi column), table (intra-table dependency) analysis, cross-domain analysis (looking for foreign key candidates and redundant data). You can establish a baseline set of analysis results against which you can compare (a) other analyses based on different assumptions/thresholds, and (b) future analyses using the same specifications (which can be marked as checkpoints, and used to establish trends). Publish analysis results into the Information Services repository so that they are available to other tools such as FastTrack and DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Ray, that is wonderful synopsis of what Information Analyzer does. I found IBM documentation very helpful while working on Profile Stage. In fact I learned Profile Stage just by following IBM's documentation. I hope Information Analyzer documentation is as good.

Regards,

Aruna.