Upgrade to Commerce Mngr (Trading Mngr) 8.1 with TX 7.5??

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rep
Participant

Upgrade to Commerce Mngr (Trading Mngr) 8.1 with TX 7.5??

Post by rep »

My shop is currently at DS TX 7.5 and Commerce Manager 7.6, using Oracle 9I.

We are expecting an upgrade to Oracle 10I, in which Commerce Manager 7.6 is not compatible with, but Trading Manger 7.7 (The next upgrade from Commerce Manager 7.6) is.

On top of that, we would also at the same time, like to Migrate from Unix HP to Linux.

My initial thought was, if we go with Trading Manager 7.7, will we need to upgrade TX to 8.1, or will the Commerce Manager upgrade not be effected by what version of TX we are using. Does anyone have any ideas about that? I know Commerce Manager is nothing more then a series of TX maps in a system (message manager) that interacts with the Partner Manager database. I currently have custom systems that grab info from the CM database, and have taken some of the code to customize the CM email errors.

I also will be looking in to which version of Commerce Manager is the latest, but if someone knows this off the top of their head, I would really appreciate it if you could enlighten me.

I can only offer that my appreciation would be shown in sharing any of my knowledge of any question anyone may have, if my experience allows it.

Thank you.
DianeC
Participant

Post by DianeC »

We have Commerce Manager 7.8 with WTX 8.1.