unable to view help in wtx 8.1

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

crux123
Participant

Post by crux123 »

Hi,
I have installed WTX 8.1 on my m/c. But whenever I click to view help contents I get a message saying Windows cannot find 'http:127.0.0/help/index.jsp'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file click the start button & then click search.

Kindly help as I am very new to this tool
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

I have the same problem but I figure its due to the goofy way IBM did their help.

Can you start the InfoCenter? It's Eclypse based.

I may not be remembering this accurately but during the install I was asked about an Eclypse option which I declined. After the install I noted a shortcut called 'Start the InfoCenter'. It doesn't work. I thought about rerunning the install but then decided against it because I didn't want to violate corporate standards by installing unapproved software. Still find it hard to believe you'd tie your help files to Eclypse......
crux123
Participant

Post by crux123 »

When I do start the InfoCenter , a window pops up on the screen with the same message as before ...
When I click the message as "Ok" the window disappears.......

jvmerc wrote:I have the same problem but I figure its due to the goofy way IBM did their help.

Can you start the InfoCenter? It's Eclypse based.

I may not be remembering this accurately but during the install I was asked about an Eclypse option which I declined. After the install I noted a shortcut called 'Start the InfoCenter'. It doesn't work. I thought about rerunning the install but then decided against it because I didn't want to violate corporate standards by installing unapproved software. Still find it hard to believe you'd tie your help files to Eclypse......