Cross Table Taking much Time

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dssiddu
Participant

Cross Table Taking much Time

Post by dssiddu »

Hi all

Cross Table analysis Taking much Time to complete ?
Could you please tell me can we do it faster ?

Adv thanks
:roll:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Cross table analysis has to compare each column in one table with every column in the other table, and every pair of columns in one table with every pair in the other, and maybe more depending on how you've specified the task. So it's a lot of work. The only way you could reduce the time is to remove some of the columns from the analysis, and/or to use smaller data sample sizes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssiddu
Participant

Post by dssiddu »

Thanks a lot Ray

But my question is if one database contains more than 100 tables then each table has to compare with 99 tables am i currect so many column pairs . Could you please tell me approximate time to run this for 2000 rows sample data ??

:roll:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Somewhere between zero and infinity. How long it will take really depends on the results of column analysis, especially the frequency distributions. In practice expect hours rather than seconds with this many tables.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssiddu
Participant

Post by dssiddu »

hi ray

thank you so much for your info........