Data sample creation not yet complete for table "tablen

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Data sample creation not yet complete for table "tablen

Post by kris18 »

hello mates,

am getting the following error when i tried to do table analysis. i did my column analysis and revieved it but when i tried to do table analysis it is poppin the error message as follows.

"Data sample creation not yet complete for table "tablename", Please try again later "

any ideas why am getting this error.

thanks
kris
kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you checked the "have reviewed this step" box?
ProfileStage does not permit you to advance to the next step until you have told it that you've reviewed the results of the prior step.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

thanks for reply Ray.
yes i did check the "checkbox"(REVIEW COMPLETE FOR TABLENAME). i did column analysis and reviewed it by checking the box at left corner in the review pop up window.then next when i tried to do table analysis it is poping up this error message.

thank you

kris
kris
cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cundyp »

The following messages are displayed when profiling (Column Analysis) db2 tables over 350k rows.

"Data sample creation not yet complete for table "tablename", Please try again later "

or "The requested data is empty".

The first step in CA results in creating the check box and at that point the table can be
checked as revewied. The View Sample creation process can still be running and won't let you
start TA.

The second step (View Sample) in CA is to select the source table again and populate the psdb,
columndatasample table. If no rows are inserted into the columndatasample table you
know that the view sample process is not working and will hang forever.

We are working this issue with IBM and have been for a while.
(PS 7.52 bld24, unix aix, oracle psdb, DataDirect Drivers))
Pete
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

Thanks pete for the info.
kris