Migartion from Vality to QS

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Migartion from Vality to QS

Post by aya_r »

I'm trying to migrate a project from Vality 3.11 to Quality Stage 7.5, I manged to import the IMF file in QS7.5 but what I noticed when I deploy the jobs that are some Rule missing. is there a way to export the Rule from the old project in VAlity so I can import them into QS.

Thanks in Advance,
crouse
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by crouse »

I'm pretty sure the rules are on the client. So if you don't have the rules loaded in the QualityStage client that you use to deploy the new jobs with, then they'll be missing or different.

There are two components: the repository (the .mdb) and the client-side rules.

Do you have access to the client that was used to create the Vality jobs initially?

-Craig
Craig Rouse
Griffin Resouces, Inc
www.griffinresources.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are these "out of the box" rule sets, or rules that you created in-house? Indeed, can you be specific about which rules/rule sets are missing?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aya_r »

Thanks for your response,
with quality stage designer client there are lots of rules, but some the rules that were exists in Vality are not excity in the QS, and I believe these rules have been created in-house by the people who were looking after the project before me.

the missing rules are :
PCPREP
PCAREA
PCADDR
PHFAX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, what you can do is find the Vality files, which have the rule set name as the base name, and various suffixes such as ".cls", ".tbl", ".pat" and so on.

Find the same (say for rule set USNAME) in QualityStage. By default the rule sets are in C:\Ascential\QualityStageDesigner751\RULES in folders named for the rule set (for example USNAME).

You should be able simply to move the Vality rule files to corresponding locations in QualityStage. Create folders such as C:\Ascential\QualityStageDesigner751\RULES\PCNAME as required.

Once you have done that, you should be able to see the "missing" rules from the QualityStage Designer's Rules menu.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aya_r »

Thanks Ray for the responde, but I want to double check that I got what you mean exactly. Do you mena I should find the Vality files for these Rules and copy them to the Rules directory in QS..
I believe that what you mean as I have tried it and it's working..
So this is the only way to do and we can't export it and import it as we do with project??

by the way will the in-house Rule be exist in the MDB file or not??

Again Million of Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Rule set files are never in the MDB. Only references to the rule set names are used in designs. The rule set files are deployed when a job that refers to them is deployed.

The rule set files are installed on the client when the QualityStage Designer is installed. That's why they're not in an export (IMF) file. Therefore the only way is the way we've described and proven between us.

Perhaps you can now mark this thread as resolved.
aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aya_r »

Thanks Ray, but I'm afraid I can't read all your answers as you are a primum poster and I'm not. I might try to find the answer throught other forums . but again your response is highly appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's only a few cents per day, and is 100% devoted to bandwidth charges incurred by DSXchange. It IS worth it!